Experienced Criminal Defense Focused On Your Rights
If you have been accused of a crime, an experienced criminal defense attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. At the Law Office of Melanie M. Marmer, we have been defending New York clients against criminal charges for 30 years, providing aggressive representation and proven results.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 718-403-9629 to arrange a consultation. We handle Brooklyn criminal offenses and criminal law matters for clients throughout New York City.
Trust Your Defense Case To A Former Prosecutor
Melanie M. Marmer has worked as a district attorney and as a defense lawyer in Kings County, giving her unique insight into the local criminal justice system. She uses her experience to the benefit of her clients in all types of criminal cases, including:
- Felonies: The Law Office of Melanie M. Marmer represents clients charged with major felony offenses such as murder, rape, armed robbery, credit card fraud and burglary. Our attorney brings extensive trial experience to every defense effort, ensuring that her clients will be well-represented throughout criminal proceedings.
- Misdemeanors: Misdemeanors are crimes punishable by less than one year in prison, and may include offenses such as disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting and trespassing. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, a conviction can limit your employment options and require you to pay fines and spend time in jail.
- Domestic violence: If you have been accused of domestic violence, our law firm can represent you in both criminal proceedings and the administrative process of contesting a restraining order.
- Drunk driving: If you have been charged with drunk driving (DWI), we can help you fight a criminal sentence and protect your driving privileges. We also assist clients in restoring their driver’s licenses and challenging traffic tickets.
- Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI): DWAI cases can involve alcohol, medication or illegal drugs. Although DWAI charges usually carry lighter penalties than DWI charges, they are still serious. We can defend you.
- Drug charges: Being charged with possessing, distributing, trafficking or manufacturing illegal substances or paraphernalia can result in large fines and extended jail time, even for a first offense. You can rely on our knowledge of drug crimes and our history of successful results to help minimize or eliminate the charges against you.
- Theft and property crimes: If you have been arrested for a property-related crime, Ms. Marmer handles burglary, theft, larceny and criminal trespass charges in addition to property offenses related to financial crimes such as fraud and other white collar crimes.
- Sex offenses: Rape and sexual assault cases are among the most difficult for defendants to win, and they come with lasting consequences if there is a conviction. Our attorney has the experience, skill and sensitivity to successfully argue these cases, and also handle Sex Offender Registration Act (SORA) issues.
- Violent crimes: For people arrested on a violent crime charge, such as assault, battery or homicide, Ms. Marmer is prepared to provide aggressive, professional representation to prevent the serious consequences associated with a violent crime conviction.
- Relief from civil disabilities matters: A criminal record can prevent you from pursuing higher education, securing employment or obtaining certain professional licenses. We can help you eliminate past criminal charges from your record, or seal those records so they do not come back to haunt you in the future.
Contact An Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer In Brooklyn
If you or a loved one has been arrested or charged with a crime in Brooklyn or New York City, do not hesitate to contact us online or by telephone at 718-403-9629 to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Ms. Marmer has an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and strategies to help her clients obtain the best possible outcome when faced with serious Brooklyn criminal offense charges.