Trust An Attentive, Reputable Family Law Attorney
The Law Office of Melanie M. Marmer in Brooklyn assists clients with a full range of family law matters, from divorce to adoption to juvenile delinquency and dependency proceedings. When it comes to legal issues involving the family, we know that our clients need personal attention and compassionate support. At the same time, we represent clients in an aggressive manner to protect their rights and interests.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 718-403-9629 to arrange a consultation with an experienced Brooklyn family law attorney.
Full-Service Family Law Firm
We handle all types of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: We can guide you through all aspects of the divorce process. We handle contested and uncontested divorces.
- Child support and custody: Nothing in a divorce is more difficult or complex than the issues of child custody and visitation. We advocate for your parental rights so you can raise your children in a fit and healthy home. Both parents share in the responsibility of raising a child. We can help ensure your child’s right to receive the financial support required for a healthy, happy upbringing divided fairly between both parents.
- Orders of protection: If your family has been impacted by domestic violence, we can represent you in legal matters pertaining to orders of protection (restraining orders). We are strong advocates for victims of domestic abuse as well as those who have been falsely accused.
- Child support modification: When circumstances change, a child support order may need adjustment. However, you must seek court approval before deviating from the order. We will help you seek a fair modification through the proper channels.
- Spousal maintenance (alimony): When a marriage ends, the income that formerly supported one household must be divided to support two; however, divorce should not lead to a financial crisis. We help clients achieve fair and workable arrangements for spousal maintenance that reflect their needs.
- Division of marital assets and debts: We help clients divide property and debts accumulated during the marriage, including the sale or possession of the marital home as well as the distribution of personal property, bank accounts, stocks, pensions, 401(k)s and other assets.
- Divorce mediation: Mediation puts divorce-related decisions in your hands and can provide faster, more predictable results than going to trial. If you choose mediation, we can help you obtain the best possible divorce settlement in your case.
- Divorce litigation: If litigation becomes necessary to resolve your divorce, Melanie M. Marmer is an experienced trial attorney prepared to fight for her clients’ rights and interests through every stage of the adversarial process.
Prenuptial And Postnuptial Agreements
Love can blind you to the potential for financial loss should your marriage not work out as you had planned. When drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, it is our job to anticipate the unexpected and protect both spouses’ financial interests.
Seek Advice And Representation From An Experienced Lawyer
If you are facing divorce or have another family law concern, please contact us online or by telephone at 718-403-9629. We will take the time to understand your unique situation and offer advice and options tailored to your needs and those of your family.